A couple of weeks ago, I got a mail from my ex-university mates. The name of the email is called “WHAT GENDER IS A COMPUTER?”. This trigger all the people invovled to debate among each other. Now these people are not normal people, they are all baby engineers with crazy engineer imagination.
The debate was split into 2 groups, male and female, and asked among themselves to determine whether the computer should be ‘Masculine‘ of ‘Feminine‘.
The men’s group decided that computer should definitely be of the feminine gender, because:
1. No one but their creator understands their internal logic;
2. The native language they use to communicate with other computers is incomprehensible to everyone else;
3. Even the smallest mistakes are stored in long term memory for possible later retrieval; and
4. As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending half your pay check on accessories for it.
5. Need external accessory to make it more variable. (Branded graphic card, branded CPU processor, good quality monitor, wireless keyboard/mouse)
The women’s group however concluded that computer should be Masculine , because:
1. In order to do anything with them, you have to turn them on;
2. They have a lot of data but still can’t think for themselves;
3. They are supposed to help you solve problems, but half the time they ARE the problem; and
4. As soon as you commit to one, you realize that if you had waited a little longer, you could have gotten a better model.
5. When gal is free, she will come over to her “computer” and chatting… when she is busy, she will switch off her computer and go to somewhere else…
p/s: And “computer” is not allowed to serve for anyone except to it’s owner
6. Computer think straight… will easily get hang when processing curve and indirect data (which its owner like to…)
7. When hang, its owner will knock the monitor. (Computer must robust enough and keep on functioning when its owner knocked its monitor…)
8. Still hang…and owner keep on knocking the monitor. (owner don’t know that the processor is not located in monitor…. :p )
I found myself speechless….. when I finished reading it. I’ve no idea to give any suggestion. So I decided to put pictures.
Why computer is Masculine?
Because Men’s processor is duo core +
Why computer is feminine?
Because lady’s processor is
Well guys, Do you think computer is a He or She ? leave your comment please…..