About 4 months ago. I needed to change a phone when Iphone 2.0 was just about to be released. I did a survey over a few types of phones. Before I made my mind, I classified all the phones into 2 different categories. Which is… Button phone and Touch phone (without buttons)
- Touch phone portrays everything virtually. For me it is abit complicated. You have to see the figures correctly before you dial it. hence you cannot press the key without seeing it.
- Most of the time, Stylus is required to navigate the phone. and you must use both hands to use the phone. hence, One-hand navigation becomes a problem for touch phone users.
- You can feel the buttons without seeing it. thereto, You can dial, type messages or play around your phone without looking into it. You can even dial your phone in your pockets cool~
- Since buttons phone allow users to operate their phone by using one hand only, this enables phone users to perform multitasking. Such as drive-and-dial , Pee-and-dial , perform ritual+smoking-and-dial .
- Now er…. I can’t think of something else more important. you see.. Buttons phone has a very rough surface. You can utilizing its roughness to scratch! because handphone is so portable. you can use it everywhere!!
I think it is a good idea to hold your phone with one hand, but at the same time navigate your touch phone by using your Tongue. By doing this, you can apply all button phone’s advantages into your touch phones (except the scratchy thingy)